Apart from coming out in different colour shades, our pee has some interesting and weird facts too. One of them being that it can whiten our teeth. Eww! But that’s 100% true; apart from this, pee is a sign that depicts our overall health as well.
Let’s scroll down here to know more about our ‘inside out’ bestie.
1. Urine contains 95% of water
2. Romans loved pee so much that the ancient Roman doctors..
..used to advise patients to wash their teeth with pee for whiter teeth. Sounds crazy right? Trust me it isn’t, urine actually contains ammonia which actually makes teeth whiter.
3. A person pee about seven times on an average
But it varies with how much you eat and drink.
4. An average healthy person’s urine lasts for last for about seven seconds..
..it’s less than 7 secs even when you feel really needed to go, then you might have an infection.
5. An average adult bladder can hold 300 to 500 milliliters of urine
6. It’s not true that a girl pees from vagina!
7. Another unlike popular belief is that if a jellyfish stings, then the pain of peeing can be reduced(not proved)
Friends fans, don’t act like Joey. The trick won’t work.
8. It improves your overall heath
Frequent visit to the bathroom is a good signal for health. It also gives essential information about your heart and kidney health, also about your liver function.
9. The color of pee says a lot about your health
Check the chart.
10. If your pee smells sweet, then it might be a sign of diabetes
11. But in case it smells foul, then it could be a sign having an infection
Possibly your kidneys are spilling glucose or protein into your urine.
12. Apart from water, your pee contains 3,000 components including sodium, potassium and chloride
13. Your favorite food can make your stream especially stinky
Junk food, coffee, garlic etc can make your pee smell bad, but it can be controlled if you stay well-hydrated.
14. There is a situation called oliguria, where you don’t pee enough
15. Urine is used to prepare gun powder because of its nitrogen presence.
16. Pee shyness!
Paruresis, also called as Pee shyness, is a condition where a person is unable to pee if there are people nearby him/her.
17. Don’t feel shy!
If you pee when you laugh, sneeze or exercise, then it’s normal, this is known as Stress Urinary Incontinence.
18. During World War 1, Canadian soldiers used pee as gas masks
They used to soak up hankies or socks with their urine and then cover their faces with it. In that era, it was believed to be the best process for breathing in war.
19. Morning pee is highly acidic than pee during rest of your day
20. The urine stream of women is wider than men’s.
Share and comment